What you need
- Ensure material availability issues are proactively managed in a manner that does not impact production.
- Ensure all scheduled events are occurring in a timely manner (i.e. Sending of: releases, ASNs, pull sheets, cycle counts, etc.)
- Establish and follow procedures that will assure that all premium freight costs are minimized.
- Establish and follow procedures that will assure that material shortages do not impact production.
- Eliminate obsolescence, develop & implement procedures to insure obsolescence are minimized or eliminated.
- Ensure that the materials team operates within its approved budget.
- Provide professional customer service as direct liaison to customers from a materials perspective.
- Provide Measurable data in various formats (charts, graphs, etc.).
- Assure that material processes are in place and being followed at all times.
- Provide direction and support to supervisory personnel in their responsibilities.
- To facilitate the use of manpower in an efficient and effective manner.
- To assure the use of quality policies, safety protocol, pull systems, JIT manufacturing, WPO, new program development and ISO standards at all times.
- To track manpower and maintenance schedules with accumulated paperwork.
- Oversee raises and hiring of materials personnel.
- Provide effective communication between internal departments using e-mail and other written documentation.
- Drive the use of CIT to eliminate waste and make process improvements.
- Ensure all material is being rotated in compliance with FIFO process.