Business Development Manager (SAP Consulting & Development)
The candidate will complement our existing team of consultants and developers, working directly with our international business development team to seek out new project opportunities and develop existing leads mainly in the Midwest Region of the United States.
The candidate will be responsible for growing and developing a pipeline of project opportunities with new customers, while also utilizing their existing network for additional projects.
The candidate is expected to keep close collaboration with other members of the business development team as well as consultants.
Maintaining the customer relationship from the initial contact until the successful signature of a contract is part of this position.
Job Duties and Work Scope
- Identify business opportunities by identifying prospects and evaluating their position in the industry; researching and analyzing sales options.
- Actively seeking out new sales opportunities utilizing various channels such as warm introductions, cold calling, networking events, trade shows and social media.
- Collaborate with the members of the Business Development group to develop strategies, align efforts and support within.
- Organize and manage meetings with potential clients to match needs with capabilities.
- Prepare and present overview on customer products, services and needs to internal resources.
- Work closely with the internal SAP resources throughout the complete sales cycle to provide the customer with qualified information already during that phase.
- Coordinate the resources during the first phase with a customer from initial contact until purchase order is being received.
- Participation in conferences, exhibitions etc. on behalf of abatUS.
- Interface with other employees within the abat group, internal client team, and external consultants to achieve the goals of the customer.
- Maintain relationship with leads, customers for potential future opportunities.
- Talent recruitment to grow the abatUS team.
Applicant Required Capabilities and Skills
- More than 5 years of experience in business development, sales with SAP
- Existing network to utilize and grow
- Basic knowledge about SAP products and landscape
- Presentation skills
- Networking skills
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively in English verbally and in writing with customers, team members.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team to manage expectations, as well as analyze client requirements to suggest best possible solutions
- Ability to work on a team and communicate effectively
- Willingness to travel to client sites.
- Enthusiastic “can-do” attitude.
- Skills with Microsoft Office tools
Applicant Differentiation Capabilities and Skills (Optional)
- Automotive, Manufacturing, Logistics experience a significant plus
- Fluency in German language both verbal and written
- Basic SAP consulting experience